As being humans we have numerous needs, having a job is also a very important need of ours and when it comes to fulfilling this need a lot of hard work is required. We need to educate ourselves properly to get good qualifications and then we need to apply for jobs, the good jobs may be difficult to find but it’s all about our struggle and our ability to manage the do’s and don’ts of finding the right job. Therefore when it comes to this task we need to be considerate about a few things which may involve the below suggested ideas.
Qualities of a Good Job[i]
When it comes to looking for a job, having it is not enough in fact it must be appropriate enough as well, and this calls for having peace at work and a few factors that make the job a loveable one may include the following characteristics:
• Appreciation and respect is very important, if you are getting these two things you will find yourself being the most peaceful job.
• Your efforts being exerted in your job must match the reward and salaries you are getting, this counts as being one of an important financial motivation.
• Learning and growing go hand in hand with a job and therefore when it comes to a good job the best thing about it is learning more and growing more day by day.
Mistake to Avoid While Looking for a Job[ii]
When it comes to looking for a job we are inexperienced and not sound enough to adopt the right approach and this could lead us to a negative side and at many instances we may lose numerous good opportunities. Therefore having our hands on the right kinds of jobs may be something very important and for that a few mistakes which we should avoid may include the following:
1. Giving too much information is always something that leaves away a bad impression on your employer, you must always be straight on your objectives because the person hiring you would like to know only what you can offer them and not what are your personal reasons and issues to have this job or what are your academic years since childhood, so be precise and to the point.
2. Another very commonly observed mistake on the part of many people who plan to apply for jobs is the issue of an unmatched job with their qualifications. If you have attained a degree in hospitality management you can’t apply for a post of an auditor, you will definitely face a turned down request and this could be de-motivating but due to your mistake only.
3. We all know this thing very well that the first impression is always the last impressions and therefore one must always keep a check on the way he or she dresses up while going for an interview. If a person is too overdressed or too underdressed the impressions on the other person might not be a good one and this could be one reason of being rejected in a job interview. The best thing is to research and inquire about the way you should dress for a particular interview and then you may easily dress up yourself with high hope.
4. Speaking too much about yourself and your interests at the interview could be a turn off for the other person, you must emphasize more on what you are able to do for the company, everybody needs to know what benefit they could get from you and so you must be objective about it.
5. References are always very important to be kept prepared, you must always have a lots of references prepared at your end to be provided upon request however don’t add references in your resume but make sure that you have them lined to be presented when required, you must not look for them at the eleventh hour.
Tips to Get the Right Job[iii]
When it comes to having hands on a perfect and your dream job there are a few things which you must be careful about and when it comes to these jobs you need to make your approach positive and affluent enough to get your desired job in no time.
1. The very first thing that proves to be something very important as well is your resume or the cover letter if these both the documents of yours are on point half of your chances of getting the job are raised. Therefore always make sure your resume and cover letter is up to the mark as this is going to be the first impression on the hiring company.
2. Always keep yourself active on the defined job based forums and websites so that you may be able to target the right company for yourself. Always ensure that you know your target and approach that target efficiently.
3. Once when you are invited for the interview make sure you excel in that, always be prepared, know about the company, dress yourself appropriately, be on time, act smartly and don’t talk uselessly as this will all play a significant role in providing you with the right kind of job and high chances of selection.
4. You should make the best use of your connections, make sure you have a strong social circle and when it comes to looking for a job this social circle may be of great help to you, they may link you to good companies and they may be used as a perfect reference when required for a job by you.
5. Always apply for a job which is suitable as per your nature and qualifications if you tend to look for a job which is completely opposite as per your nature and qualification there won’t be a point out of it.
These days finding jobs is equally easy and
equally difficult, since there are so many platforms available to be chosen for
finding jobs it makes it easier for a person to look for jobs online. However,
on the other hand when it comes to the difficult side we may see that these
days the job market has been saturating much and a number of people are
qualified enough so the crowd is more and the opportunities are pretty less.
So, when it comes to looking for the right kind of job there must be a serious
care and concern being exercised.