Diseases of a variety have been prevailing nowadays, previously there were only a limited number and kinds of disease which were found to be present among people but now the list of the diseases seems to be never ending. However, among the different disease found to be getting common day by day there seems no line of ignorance of the presence of Crohn’s disease as well.
Crohn’s disease basically is a kind of disease which causes inflammation in the entire digestive tract and also affects the system of bowel. This disease is one such disease which may easily be diagnosed and treated in time, however in case when it is not treated on time it may also be something life threatening as well.
Why is Crohn’s Disease Caused?[i]
There are reasons for everything no matter it be a mild pain or be it be a massive disease, there shall be some or the other reason and cause for the disease. Similarly, when it comes to looking at the causes of Crohn’s disease as well we may find the below suggested reasons as the usual ones.
- Weakness of Immune System
Immune system is one of the most important parts of the body and one of the main causes of the inflammation caused in the bowel could be due to the impact of the immune system. Immune system of a human body has been designed in a way that it fights the bacteria, fungi and viruses however the body has some good bacteria and some bad bacteria, immune system is supposed to fight the bad bacteria. As far as the good bacterias are concerned it helps keeping the body healthy and protected. However, when it comes to the immune system it may sometimes act wrongly and rather than fighting the bad bacteria it ends up killing the good one and therefore the protection of the body gets endangered. This inappropriate attack made by the immune system welcomes the diseases like Crohn’s and this leads to start the actual trouble.
- Inherited Crohn’s Disease
The role played by the genes is also equally responsible for the cause of Crohn’s disease to take place. At many instances people who have at least one single family member suffering from the Crohn’s disease have a higher chance of developing the same. Therefore if you have any of your parents or siblings having this issue then you must keep yourself prepared to take relevant precautions against the disease to get caused.
- Inappropriate Eating Habits
Another very common cause of Crohn’s disease is the eating habits a person may possess, sometimes when you eat out and the food you eat is unhygienic the bacteria travels to your immune system and may damage your bowel and its layers. On the other hand, if you have a habit of smoking or drinking it may also weaken your immune system and at the same time the chances of Crohn’s disease also tend to increase at a very fast pace without a doubt.
Diagnose and Treatment of Crohn’s Disease[ii]
Diagnose and identification of this disease at an early stage is always something very important, the earlier this disease is diagnosed the earlier would the treatment start and the impact of the diseases on your body would be lower. However, in order to diagnose this disease different processes maybe considered for instance endoscopy, blood tests, CT scan, X-Ray and MRI are common techniques considered to be a perfect way to diagnose this disease so that the relevant treatment may take place.
When we talk about the treatment of the Crohn’s disease, we could see how easily this disease could be treated by way of some medications taken timely. However, in this case when it comes to taking these medications these medications may incorporate some side effects like diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and much more. However, initially these medications may make things terrible but gradually as soon as they start suiting a person these medicines prove to be the best way out to deal with the Crohn’s disease. These medications prescribed may either be a direct controller of the Crohn’s disease and sometimes these medicines may also be a controller of the immune system and its inappropriate activities.
Signs and Symptoms of Crohn’s Disease[iii]
Every disease comes with some signs and symptoms and these signs are a way out to have an idea of what actually is going on in your body. Therefore when it comes to taking a look at the signs and symptoms of this disease a few of these may include the following:
• The initial symptoms of the Crohn’s disease may include loss of weight and appetite since the inflammation in your digestive tract is the first thing caused due to this disease you might not like eating or having food might increase inflammation in your digestive tract.
• People who suffer from the Crohn’s disease also face the troubles associated with their body temperature and they may suddenly either feel feverish or suddenly their body temperature might drop and they start feeling the chills.
• Diarrhea and constipation go hand in hand when it comes to dealing with the Crohn’s disease, sometimes it becomes difficult for you to control your condition to pass stool and sometimes despite of taking all the medications to break the impact of constipation you still get no way out.
• Abdominal pain and inflamed sensation in your abdomen is something very commonly observed as one of the most seen symptom of the Crohn’s disease and leads to a severe pain and irritability.
• People suffering from the corm’s disease also face blood in stool which is another very painful symptom associated with this condition.
Any disease is associated with numerous
risks and complication no matter what kind it be of, similarly when it comes to
taking a look at the risks and complications associated with the Crohn’s
disease as well all we can see is that long term association and lack of
treatment may lead to the risk of colon cancer, anemia, scars in bowel, ulcers,
issues with gallbladder, and liver diseases therefore immediate treatment is a
must in this case.